Rent Radio NYC - Rent Walkie Talkie Two Way Radios - New York City - Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Rent?
1. Pick the dates that you will be picking up the equipment and the date that you will be returning them.
2. Choose what time you’ll be picking up the equipment – Either Morning, Afternoon, or Evening.
3. Choose how many radios you’ll be needing. Each radio comes complete with antenna, 2 batteries, charger, and a headset.
4. Choose the style of headset you want:
a. Surveillance – These are the secret service style headsets most commonly used on film sets and events.
b. Lapel Speaker – This is the type that is commonly used by law enforcement,
5. For occasions where you might have a command post, we offer a Portable base station that can be plugged in and put on a desk. These base stations have extended power and reach. These are available as an option at $30 daily
6. All equipment will be picked up and dropped off from our 83 rd St & Lexington Ave office. We also offer deliver of equipment within Manhattan for a nominal fee.
7. Enter your contact and Billing details.
8. All Rentals require either insurance or a deposit. Please see the deposit section for more information.
9. Once your order is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation. Congratulations! You’re booked!
What Equipment do you have available?
- Easy to Use
- Purely digital for clear audio
- 16 Channels
- Up to 18 hours battery life
Motorola CM300d digital UHF radios.
- Compact Base station unit for command posts/central coordination
- Battery or plug in power
- Digital for clear audio
- High power (5x power of CP200d)
Are radios cleaned before using?
All equipment is cleaned using hospital grade disinfectants. This includes radios, antennas, batteries, headsets, wires, and chargers. Each headset will come with a brand new disposable silicone earpiece for your comfort and hygiene.
Do you keep your equipment in good condition?
We check each radio for proper operation upon check in and check out of equipment. Equipment is well maintained and in great condition.
What happens if one of the items is malfunctioning or not working during a rental?
We do our best to check every piece of equipment that goes out for proper operation. Let us know right away and we will get a replacement item to you as soon as possible.
How far will these radios work?
We’ve tested these to work between 20-30 floors in a building and between 10 blocks in Manhattan. In central park these can reach from end to end.
How long does the battery last?
Batteries last generally the whole day depending on use. We include an extra fully charged battery just incase.
What is included with my rental?
Each radio includes an extra fully charged battery, charger, and headset of choice. Rentals will come in either a soft case or Pelican depending on the number of radios rented
Rates & Payment
How much does it cost to rent a radio?
Radios are rented at $10 per day. Base station units are rented at $35 per day.
What payment methods are accepted?
We accept all Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. We also accept PayPal.
Where can equipment be picked up?
Equipment may be picked up from our private office at 83rd St & Lexington Ave. Upon confirmation of your rental, we will coordinate pickup times and location.
Do you deliver?
We deliver nationwide through FedEx.
Insurance & Deposit
All rentals must be guaranteed for the replacement cost in the unlikely event of loss or damage. We provide two options for this:
- Certificate of Insurance - For those with commercial production insurance you may provide a COI with Sapphire Capital LLC as the loss payee.
- Deposit - Upon pickup of the equipment, we will authorize your credit card for the full replacement value of the equipment rented. Once equipment is returned without damage or loss, your deposit will be credited back to the account. Please note depending on your bank it may take up to 14 days to see this reversal. For most users the credit is seen within 24 hours. Please ensure you have enough available credit on your card to cover the replacement value.
Equipment Replacement Cost
|Motorola CM300d Digital UHF 40W Radio Kit w/ Custom Pelican Case||$900.00|
|Motorola CP200d Digital UHF Two-Way Radio||$500.00|
|Motorola NNTN4497DR 2250 mAh Li-Ion Battery||$50.00|
|Motorola PMAE4016A UHF 403-520 MHz Whip Antenna||$10.00|
|Motorola HLN8255B 3-inch Spring Action Belt Clip||$5.00|
|Motorola PMPN4173A Single-Unit Charger with US Power Supply||$50.00|
|Motorola PMLN6588A Multi-Unit Charger||$400.00|
|Motorola HKLN4604B Swivel Earpiece With In-Line Microphone and PTT||$40.00|
|Motorola PMMN4013A Windporting Remote Speaker Microphone||$80.00|
|OTTO Engineering V1-10176 2-Wire Surveillance Kit||$90.00|
How does a renter cancel a rental order? What are the cancellation fees?
We discourage renters cancelling rentals. But we understand that shoot plans change, and if you are a renter you can cancel before the start date. If you need to cancel a rental email us at email@example.com.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
If a renter cancels more than 24 hours prior to reservation, there is a full refund except for fees & insurance.
If a renter cancels less than 24 hours ahead of the rental period, they will be charged 50% of the rental fee.
If a renter cancels during the rental period, there is no refund.
Note: KitSplit fees, short-term insurance and damage waivers are always non-refundable when a rental is canceled.